Dr. Peterson (the neurologist) came to see her this morning and informed us that an MRI would not be possible because of her pacemaker. They did take her down to do a CT to see if they can see any kind of bleed out. Her PT and INR are quite high so they are needing to thicken up her blood some. She has been gone for awhile so we are missing her. We'll keep you updated.
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Mom's Health - 12/11/10 - Liz 10:43 a.m.
So Sid, Jill and I got here at 8:00 this morning. We had just missed Dr. Madsen (Kenwood's associate) who wanted to know why his patient (who he was seeing for the first time) was unresponsive. When we went in to see Mom she is pretty unresponsive -- she is pretty weak and very limited with her ability to respond. He thought that it would not be a very good idea to move her to IMH (Intermountain Medical Hospital) in the mental state she is in. They believe the mental status change is probably due to renal failure happening in her body.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for starting this blog Liz! Blaine and I were hoping to drop by for a visit this afternoon but it is sounding like it might not be the best time and/or that she will be switching hospitals. We definitely want to visit her but don't want to get in the way or be a nuisance. Tell her we love her and we will see her (and you) soon!
ReplyDeletePosting this for my mom....
ReplyDeleteDear Janice,
I have wanted not to infringe upon your family's time with you nor to ware you out further with a visit from me. Nevertheless, please know that you are in our family's thoughts and prayers. Our children have called me daily to find out what the latest is with your recovery, so this blog is a GREAT IDEA!!!! (I only hope I know how to use it. It's a great opportunity to teach an "old dog new tricks". You should feel honored, Janice, that I now check my email daily so I can keep posted on your progress.)
Just remember I still need to have my big sister to hold my hand and give me advice as I continue to plod upward on the path to eternal life, so don't plan on checking out too soon.
You need to know how much our family loves you, from our children down to our grandchildren. You have been such a positive influence in our lives.
Love ya, Ann(and Wayne)
PS Jill, will you please post where the IMC hospital is located? Do you have all our children's email addresses? Thanks so very much for all you and your siblings do for your mom!
Ann Liz here. No we don't have your kids' emails but I am hoping that all communication will go through here so if they keep up with the blog they should be good to go.
ReplyDeleteThe hospital is at 1250 E 3900 S in SLC.
Mom's CO2 is really right now and it is affecting her mental status. They are doing an EEG right now to see exactly what is going on in her brain. Waiting.
ReplyDeleteHi Mom,
ReplyDeleteI know you are resting but I just wanted to let you know how much we love you and want you to be at peace. You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. If we were there we would shower you with hugs and kisses!
Stephanie, Remington, Redford and Richard
Liz, thanks for the FB post for this blog. I'm sorry to hear that your mom is so sick in the hospital. It's so nice that you are all able to gather from far and wide to be with her. Please tell her that I'm thinking about her, and that I love her dearly. I've been sitting here smiling having a flood of wonderful memories of her. I hope she's peaceful and comfortable. From experience I think it's difficult for a family to navigate through all of the medical decisions and procedures while at the same time feeling the fear and sadness that come too. I'm hoping that you are all being blessed with a measure of peace. These are the times when all we've been taught about eternity mean the most.
ReplyDeleteLove to all,
Shauna Andersen