Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thanks to all Mom's friends...

I'm off to my Sunday meetings, and thought I would check in on Mom's blog.  It is such a wonderful record of the Lord's care and love for this wonderful woman.  Of course we're grateful to the doctors and their knowledge of the workings of the body and their technical expertise.  But the events of this past week have shown us, without doubt, that it is the Lord who has brought her back to us.  I'm also grateful to my brothers and sisters, and their constant devotion to mom's good health.  And finally, we're grateful to all of the kind words and things said to us about our mom.  I wanted to share one such writing from a friend of Mom's named Tom Boyce.  He has been vigilent calling every day to see how she's doing, and in checking this Blog.  He also wrote a very kind article on his own Blog - "A Boyce crying in the wilderness" which details a very real love that he, and so many of our friends have for our mother.  Check it out here.  Thanks for the kind thoughts and healing love!
Bret

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to that blog post by Tom, Bret. It brought back so many memories of that great lazy susan--I could practically taste the brisket, spuds and Jello mixed with cool whip--one of the millions of Sunday dinners I had at that round table with Liz and your family. Then we'd all pile into the 'Merc' in the Houston heat and head back to church, but not before yelling out a number (was it 1-7?) saying which 'section' of the Sunday dishes you'd be doing :) I also remember the plate placed in the kitchen covered with foil which held dinner for President Bassett who was still at meetings and wouldn't be home to eat til late. History repeats itself doesn't it?

    I'm so happy that Sister Bassett has had such a remarkable recovery. The thought of her feeling better with a repaired heart makes me so happy. Thanks for keeping us all informed and updated with this blog!

    Love to all,
    Shauna

    ReplyDelete