Tonight the brothers gave Mom a blessing as well as her sister Mardette (who has been suffering with some of her own health problems). It was a very nice night as we all ate a fabulous dinner provided by Jeannie (who is preparing for her missionary who is currently on the plane coming home from his mission in Australia -- due in at 4:00 p.m. tomorrow). She took the time as she prepares for her fun surprises of tomorrow (Dallin coming home) and her son Ben and Kacey coming in tonight at midnight. Thanks again Jeannie for doing that. So kind.
Mom has received many nice notes and we have been reading them to her. Thanks to all and please feel free to comment if you want to get a note to her -- we will definitely get it to her.
The doctors said that she will be in ICU after the surgery tomorrow and in the hospital for a couple of days. Maybe by Saturday she can go home or Rehab. Time will tell. Anyway, thanks for all your support and love.
Thanks, Liz, for the comments. I just wanted to mention that Wendy also helped with the yummy dinner tonight.
ReplyDeleteWe are all running on VERY little sleep, but are SO grateful that Mom has progressed to this point...and that we all have been here together to share in the special although trying time. We certainly feel the Lord's hand in this and know that He loves us ALL very much. We are so grateful that you all love us too!
Jill
Reading this blog reminds me of the old days when I would spend endless hours at your house just being around all of you. Those are more than great memories, they helped shape my life. During your hospital stay I've watched again how your family has come together and been strong for you and for eachother. I am SO HAPPY that your stats improved! You, and all ya'll, are in my thoughts and prayers today as you go in for surgery. If I could be there I'd give you all a big hug :)
ReplyDeleteWe'll see Bruce and Jeannie at the airport this afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been so fun to travel the journey of this mission along side them. Life is good, and the future is bright for Dallin and Jeff, and I'm so happy that they are friends.
Love to you all,
Shauna
We are so thrilled that everything today is going well and we look forward to hearing about the surgery! We love you mom and can't wait to see you after Christmas!
ReplyDelete