Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A setback for Mom

Here is the down low on Mom: 12/30/10 (12:32 AM)
For the past 2 days, after she over-exerted herself with Jedd (the home physical therapist) on Monday and was huffing and puffing , she hasn't felt well--nausea, short breath, not sleeping well.
I noticed her legs getting larger and larger and could tell she was filling up. Bruce and I took her to meet with Clint (Dr. Kenwood's PA) who, after interpreting her EKG as afib, called Dr. Kenwood. He said to take her to the emergency room at St Marks to get her afib under control and get rid of the fluid buildup intravenously. Unbeknownst to Bruce and me, she didn't wear her oxygen on the way to the hospital and when she got there, her stats were down to 65 (I've never seen it that low). They admitted her and Dr. Kenwood's other PA came in and took an X-ray of her lungs. There was an unacceptable buildup of fluid. They got her on intravenous Lasix and Toperal (to get her heart rate down) and after a few hours, got her up to a room in Progressive Care: 3S9.
I came home on very scary roads and Dr. Kenwood's coming in tomorrow morning to recommend a shorter and longer term solution. I'm going to try and be there and will let you know what's going on.
I know this happened on my watch, but THIS IS NOT MY FAULT! Curt

1 comment:

  1. I know it's not your fault, Curt, and I'm so grateful that you are there...let us know when you know more.
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete