Don't know if anyone is checking this blog still, but just in case, I'll try and keep it updated.
Jill mentioned that she and I attended church here at the hospital on Sunday. One of the speakers read from Ecclesiastes 3 that there is a time for everything ("a time to laugh, a time to cry, etc). Before the chorister began the closing hymn she described how grateful she was for him quoting "that song Turn Turn Turn from the Byrds." (I'm not sure she picked up on the fact that it was a scripture first.)
Well, right now, we're not sure whether it is a time to laugh or to cry. We're waiting to see which way it goes. Mom is recovering from a heart perspective but is not out of the woods yet by any means. She looks relatively good, but as Jill mentioned her kidneys have been getting worse since last Saturday. Yesterday her creatinine levels had jumped from 3.5 to 4.5 (a major jump in the wrong direction). Today, however, was the first day that they seemed to stop their downhill slide toward dialysis with her creatinine backing off a bit to 4.4. We're hoping that the procedure (thorasentisis) they did yesterday to drain 1.5 liters of fluid from the pleural cavity behind her lungs (which immediately resulted in her being able to breathe much more effectively) will take pressure off her, allow her to sleep better and to heal.
We'll see. In the meantime, thanks to all who have visited and sent such warm messages of well wishes. You will all be remembered by us all for your kind friendship.
Curt
Thank you for updating this blog. I read it regularly and so appreciate knowing how things are going. My thoughts and prayers are with you. This isn't an easy fight even though we know miracles have occurred. Please pass on to Sister Bassett my loving wishes for her recovery and peace and strength. I wish I could sneak over and give her a hug right now! Actually, that would be my second sneaky hug of the day...this morning I knew that my MTC missionary son would be at our dentist's office here in Alpine for a filling repair...Wow, what a weak-willed mom I am! But it was worth it :)
ReplyDeleteAll is calm on the Pitcher front. My dad isn't improving, but he isn't on a rapid decline either. I think he's still getting some joy in life even though it's very different than he'd like it to be. God in His heavens will direct His plan. We are finding comfort in that.
Love,
Shauna